The ARTeria Foundation is one of the partner organisations of the “Poets of Today – Voices of Tomorrow” (POT-VOT) project aiming at bringing poetry and contemporary poets closer to young people, teachers and local communities through the development of new performative poetic forms.
In each partner country (Slovenia, Poland, Hungary, Finland and Serbia), an artistic team of four people has been created to develop the methodology and create an artistic, poetic and educational programme. The Polish artistic team consists of: Małgorzata Lebda (poet), Weronika Murek (writer, playwright), Rafał Siderski (visual artist, photographer) and Wenancjusz Ochmann (musician, educator, vocal coach).
To encourage poetry reading, we want to bring the work of contemporary poets to young people and local communities. We are inviting ten Polish poets to visit ten schools in the spring of 2024 as part of POETRY DAYS organised within the project. The invited poets will read their works, talk to young people, answer questions and inspire the listeners to discover poetry. They will also present their poems as part of the POETIC EVENTS organised in the city space in the summer of 2023.
The presentations will be prepared beforehand, during workshops with the members of the artistic team – specialists in such fields as theatre, improvisation and speech techniques – in collaboration with other poets and teachers. The experience gained from the project can be used while organising subsequent poetry presentations, and the project itself provides an opportunity to exchange experiences.
We would like to enlist the cooperation of poets who fulfil the following criteria:
- they are poetically active (have published a book of poetry in recent years)
- their poetic works have been awarded, recognised and discussed
- they have experience in cultural animation or education
can also take part in the following project activities:
- a two-day workshop (18-19 February 2023)
- a one-day workshop with teachers (April-May 2023) – devoted to the preparation of POETRY DAYS in schools
- a one-day workshop with teachers (December 2023) – devoted to the preparation of POETRY DAYS in schools
- a one-day meeting to prepare a LITERARY EVENT in the city space (May-June 2023)
- a presentation of poetry during the LITERARY EVENT (June-July 2023)
- POETRY DAYS IN SCHOOLS – a one-day event in one school
and will agree to publish one of their poems in the project publication – an anthology published in English (with poems from 50 poets from 5 countries, the ARTeria Foundation will cover the costs of translating the poems into English).
Your participation in the project activities will be remunerated and the accommodation and travel costs covered.
If you are a poet interested in taking part in the project, please use our email email@example.com to send us by 20th January, 2023:
- a short bio (up to 1500 characters with spaces)
- links/cover images of your poetry publications and an indication of your awards, distinctions etc.
By 25 January 2023 a committee set up at the ARTeria Foundation chaired by the Foundation President Anna Ochmann, in collaboration with Małgorzata Lebda, will choose 10 poets. The selected persons will be notified by email about the selection and the date of the first meeting. The Committee’s decision is final.
Do not hesitate to apply!
The project is co-funded by the European Union’s Creative Europe programme.